The Town of Berlin is requesting proposals for the rehabilitation of this eighteenth-century building on a half-acre lot at the northernmost point within the Worthington Ridge Historic District. The town will consider selling or leasing the building. Constructed in 1774 as a large meetinghouse, the building served as a school and administrative offices from 1908 until 1973. The interior was largely gutted in the 1970s and the plaster removed from the walls. The work halted and the interior remains in a completely unfinished state. Original oak and chestnut timbers survive. The exterior is sheathed in clapboard with a wood shingle roof. The twenty-over-twenty double-hung windows are 1970s’ replacements. All the doors were replaced at the same time. Some of the windows have already deteriorated, and the building requires extensive repair and rehabilitation throughout. The footprint measures 45 feet deep by 62 feet long. The area is zoned for single-family residential use, but the town will consider other uses, such as professional offices. As a contributing structure within a historic district listed in the National Register of Historic Places, the building may be eligible for a twenty-percent federal historic-preservation tax credit for rehabilitation of income producing propertiesDeadline for proposals: February 14, 2003, at 11:00 AM. For further information call Bonnie L. Therrien, Town Manager, 860-838-7002.