Connecticut Trust For Historic Preservation

HPX -  September/October 2008 - Elias Sprague House, Coventry

back to listings

Built in 1821 and listed on the National Register ofHistoric Places, this one and a half story, four-room cape is situated on fourheavily wooded acres between moderate residential construction and the Nathan Hale State Forestin Coventry, Connecticut. The interior is almost entirelyoriginal, following the traditional floor plan of two front rooms on eitherside of a small hall with kitchen at the rear, a large central chimney andfieldstone foundation. The Sprague lot will have some deed restrictions—thebuyer will have to preserve the historic facade of the building and cannotsubdivide the property to put up other houses. The current owner, the CoventryHistorical Society, is selling the historic home in the hope that the proceedswill help maintain its other antique buildings and museums.

Contact: LandmarksAntique & Country Properties at (860) 423-7484

 

                                                                                 Photo credit: Hugh Smith

HPX -  September/October 2008 - Elias Sprague House, Coventry

back to listings

Built in 1821 and listed on the National Register ofHistoric Places, this one and a half story, four-room cape is situated on fourheavily wooded acres between moderate residential construction and the Nathan Hale State Forestin Coventry, Connecticut. The interior is almost entirelyoriginal, following the traditional floor plan of two front rooms on eitherside of a small hall with kitchen at the rear, a large central chimney andfieldstone foundation. The Sprague lot will have some deed restrictions—thebuyer will have to preserve the historic facade of the building and cannotsubdivide the property to put up other houses. The current owner, the CoventryHistorical Society, is selling the historic home in the hope that the proceedswill help maintain its other antique buildings and museums.

Contact: LandmarksAntique & Country Properties at (860) 423-7484

Photo credit: Hugh Smith