The Henry Reed House was moved from an unknown location in the area of Lake Gaillard by the New Haven Water Company after it acquired the property in 1923. The house is an early-twentieth-century wood-framed rectangular structure on a fieldstone foundation, faced with local sandstone blocks. The original first-floor siding may still be under the asbestos shingling. The only style-conscious feature is the Colonial Revival porch that is supported by Doric columns and capped with a low-pitched hipped roof. The inside layout of the house is very simple, with four rooms on each floor. Woodwork and hardware are well preserved throughout the house. Behind the house stands a one-and-a-half story barn with well-preserved animal stalls. The house and barn are offered for $1 each for relocation to a new property. Contact: Dawn O’Connell, H. Pearce Real Estate. (203) 281-3400, ext. 333.