1866 Italianate House in a New London Historic Register District
This house at 66 Franklin Street is at the corner of Hempstead Street in the Hempstead Street Historic District. The area is in the midst of significant revitalization and most of the homes are part of a mid-19th century neighborhood built during New London’s whaling era. The house on its corner lot has recently been purchased by the Shiloh Baptist Church. Shiloh Baptist Church has offered to donate the house to New London Landmarks, but it must be moved to another location. The house is offered for $1.00, if removed from the property. Landmarks is searching for someone who can move the house to another local site or take the house apart for moving to a more distant site. Potential buyers must demonstrate the ability to remove the home from the site and reconstruct it on their own lot.
Contact: Sandra Kersten Chalk, New London Landmarks, Executive Director, 860-442-0003 or email@example.comListed: $1.00