This two-story house stands at the north entrance to Eastern Connecticut State University. The university plans to build a campus police station on the site and is looking for a person or organization that would move the building and restore it elsewhere. Officials feel that the residential nature of the structure makes it difficult to use it for the university’s needs. Records indicate that the land for the present site was sold to a farmer, Borintha Crowell, in 1842, but the house is likely to have a later date. The gable end of the house faces the street, and decorative trusses appear at the peaks of the gables. The second-story window crowns are incised with a scroll design. The interior of the house features generous sized rooms with abundant natural light. The first floor has an asymmetrical plan with two large rooms off of the main entry, one of which features a bay window. The main entry hall still has the original staircase with mahogany balusters and railing, as well as a front door with a segmented arch above. The windows are large, with two-over-two sash. The university is willing to give the house to the right individual or organization.For further information call Nancy Tinker, Director of Facilities Management and Planning, at 860-465-5348.