CONNECTICUT PRESERVATION AWARDS ▪ 2018
Awards will be presented on Thursday, April 5, 2018 at the Edmond Town Hall in Newtown, Connecticut. RSVPs must be received by Thursday, March 29, 2018.
The Connecticut Trust’s Connecticut Preservation Awards recognize outstanding achievements in protecting and nourishing Connecticut’s significant buildings, landscapes and communities.
Connecticut Preservation Awards honor outstanding efforts in the preservation and enhancement of historic places throughout Connecticut, with the goal of inspiring others to take similar action.
Connecticut Preservation Awards recognize such things as:
- outstanding efforts in the restoration, maintenance, preservation or adaptive use of historic
- places, including buildings, structures, complexes, neighborhoods, cultural landscapes or landscape features
- long-term, consistent stewardship and maintenance of historic places
- innovation or excellence in improving the sustainability or resiliency of historic places
- individuals or organizations that have demonstrated effective leadership in community,
- regional, or statewide preservation efforts
Connecticut Preservation Awards are presented to
- commercial firms or nonprofit organizations
- public and private property owners
- municipalities or other governmental bodies
The Mimi Findlay Award for Young Preservationists recognizes
- individuals age 35 or younger, or groups whose members are 35 or younger;
- who have demonstrated interest, involvement, and achievement or potential achievement in the restoration, maintenance, preservation or adaptive use of historic buildings, structures, complexes, neighborhoods, cultural landscapes or landscape features in Connecticut