Historic Preservation Technical Assistance Grants Awarded October 2014
Contact: Erin Marchitto
**For Immediate Release**
The Connecticut Trust approved Historic Preservation Technical Assistance Grants totaling $66,807 to 8 municipalities and nonprofit organizations. The grants will make possible a minimum initial investment of $133,614 in these historic sites.
The grants, intended to encourage and support community efforts in planning for the preservation, restoration, and rehabilitation of historic buildings and places, are part of the Trust’s technical assistance program, in collaboration with and with generous funding from the Connecticut General Assembly and the State Historic Preservation Office, Department of Economic and Community Development, through the Community Investment Act. The grants went to:
Women & Family Life Center
Condition assessment and preservation/expansion plan for Abraham Woodward House (1785) and Leetes Carriage Barn.
Deacon John Grave Foundation
Comprehensive lighting plan and electrical upgrades to Deacon John Grave House (1685).
The Rockfall Center
Energy Audit of the DeKoven House Community Center (Benjamin Williams house) (built c.1796, with additions 1880 and 1954)
Grove Street Cemetery
Condition assessment and upgrades to the chapel (1872) for re-use as a Visitor Center.
United Methodist Church
718 West Avenue Norwalk, CT 06850
Condition assessment of Norwalk United Methodist Church (1860).
Christ Episcopal Church
Condition assessment of the roof of Christ Episcopal Church (1846-1849).
Preston Historical Society
Capital needs assessment to stabilize and adapt to public use Long Society Meetinghouse (1817-1818) at 45 Long Society Road, Preston.
Ward-Heitmann House Museum Foundation, Inc.
Condition assessment at Ward-Heitmann House (c 1684, 1715).