130 Bank Street, dating to the 1820s, is a contributing building to the Downtown New London National Register District. This building has both cultural and architectural importance. It belonged to Captain John Deshon, who became a sea captain in 1798 at age twenty one. A critical component of the Bank Street streetscape, two doors down from the New London Maritime Museum’s Customs House, the building has suffered disinvestment in recent years. The current owner has filed for permission to demolish the structure; the new London Historic District Commission voted for a 180-day demolition delay on April 12. This petition urges the Connecticut State Historic Preservation Council to support local efforts to advance redevelopment of this historic property.
Petition link here: https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/help-save-130-bank-street-new-london-ct
“This former Middle Haddam school building at 12 Schoolhouse Lane is at risk of potential demolition. A beloved community landmark, the building has fallen into disrepair in recent years. Built in Colonial Revival style in 1930, the building resembled a former 1840 schoolhouse on site in many ways, including its brick construction, Federal and Greek revival detailing, and enormous sash windows. This petition urges the acquisition and reuse of the property by the Town of Middle Haddam. CT Trust Circuit Riders have been on site to support plans for reuse of the structure.” Petition: HERE