The Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation
Our grant programs are supported by the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development with funds from the Community Investment Act.
1. Maintenance & Repair Grant (M&R): Available to religious organizations for capital improvements such as window restoration, steeple repair, sill replacement, masonry repair, exterior paint and roofing. Up to $15,000 with a 1:1 match required.
Deadline: 2017 Deadline TBA*
Full Details Here: M&R
2.Vibrant Communities Initiative (VCI): A community planning grant to assist municipalities in producing action plans for the preservation, redevelopment or revitalization of underutilized historic structures or places. Up to $50,000 with no match required.
Deadline: Municipalities may contact Brad Schide with interest at email@example.com
Full Details Here: VCI
3. Historic Preservation Technical Assistance Grant (HPTAG): Available to non-profits and municipalities for feasibility studies, condition assessments, engineering analyses and Historic Structures Reports for structures listed on the State or National Register of Historic Places. Up to $20,000 with a 1:1 match required.
Deadline: Pre-applications are due September 15, 2016
Full Details Here: HPTAG
4. Making Places Grant (MPG): A strategic planning and pre-development grant for non-profits, municipalities, private developers partnered with these entities for underutilized historic industrial buildings and sites. Up to $50,000 with no match required.
Deadline: TBA* Please contact Reneé Tribert at firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Details Here: MPG
5. Revolving Loan Fund: Available to non-profit and for-profit developers to provide a bridge loan for historic tax credits. Purchase options are also available for endangered historic properties.
Deadline: Loan funding dependent upon availability.
Full Details Here: Revolving Fund
6. The 1772 Foundation: 2015 Connecticut Historic Preservation Grants for Private Non-Profit Organizations. Funding in the form of 1:1 matching grants of up to $15,000 will be made available for historic preservation projects.
Deadline: Letters of Inquiry due December 31, 2016; invited Full Applications due March 1, 2017
Full Details Here: 1772 Foundation
*Additional granting opportunities will be posted as they become available.
Questions about the grants may be directed to Jane Montanaro, Preservation Services Director at 203-562-6312 or JMontanaro@cttrust.org.